Sunday, February 3, 2008

Top 10 Tech Trends

In the January 2008 Volume 28 Number 6 of Technology & Learning. It list the Top 10 Technology trends in education.

1. Data mining is earning its keep.
2. Cyber-Bullying is in the spotlight.
3. Twenty-first-century skills have a foot in the door.
4. Digital content is on the rise.
5. We like learning at leisure.
6. Personal responders are sweeping teh k-20 market.
7. Mobile tools are driving the path of education reform.
8. Bandwidth is suddenly an issu.
9. The penguin is snow-balling.
10. The participatory Web.

http://www.techlearning.com/

http://www.techlearning.com/story/showArticle.php?articleID=196604927

3 comments:

KB said...

Everytime I think I am getting a leg up on technology it knocks me down a few pegs. I'm so proud of the fact that I can blog. I found the web chats to be easy. I finally figured out the Google groups. With a lot of assistance I got my wiki page linked to blackboard. In other words, I was feeling pretty good about myself. I just read your blog and have never heard of most of the top ten trends. Technolgoy triumphs again. I suppose that's what keeps me motivated.

James said...

Thanks for another great site Fred! I've been clicking all over this one, and have found some great information.

Fred Sharpsteen said...

Technology is such a large word as it can mean any thing from the new high tech pencil to the plow that the farmer uses. I realy don't think that any one can know all the new tools that are avalible in the world for all ocupations.

About Me

My photo

I am the Director of Technology at a K-12 School system.