Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Disrupting Class (new book)

School is about to start and we will be off and running for another school year. Is it just me or do the summer seem to get shorter and shorter. The teachers are back and we are in the thick of getting are system preped and ready for another run till the end. I have just finished a new read. It is Disrupting Class, This is a great read. I so it on the shelf and thought to my self that sound like a bad book but as they say, "never judge a book by its cover." That is all so true as if most people judge me by how I look they would would think I am much diffrent then I really am and we will just leave it at that. This book is a book about educational Technology and how the author thinks it will change education system in the US and over the world. He ties his thought in to economics and buissness. He thinks that in just a few short years that we will move away from monolithic instruction mills as we have today and over the 50 or 60 years to student centered instruction. he also points out in this book that if we don't change the amount of educational time for learning for each student as they need it, and we try to get them all educated and the same rate that we will have variable results. If we want consitent results we must varie the amount of instructional time to meet each students need. this book is a must read for Technology and instructional people.

No comments: