Saturday, December 1, 2012

Disrupting Education - Making the Case for Change: Michael Horn at TEDxM...

My life changed when I had the opportunity to take a class from Clayton Christensen at the Harvard Business School. I went on to write a book with him, Disrupting Class: How Disruptive Innovation Will Change the Way the World Learns, and found a company with him called Innosight Institute, which is a non-profit think tank that--yes, there is a theme here--applies Christensen's theories of disruptive innovation to help solve problems in the social sector. I am the executive director of the education practice at Innosight Institute, where I lead a growing team focused on transforming the education system into a student-centric one that can customize an education for the individual needs of each child.

No comments: