The Importance of Assessment in Backward Design
- W stands for students knowing where they are heading, why they are heading there, what they know, where they might go wrong in the process, and what is required of them.
- H stands for hooking the students on the topic of study.
- E stands for students exploring and experiencing ideas and being equipped with the necessary understanding to master the standard/outcome being taught.
- R stands for providing opportunities for students to rehearse, revise, and refine their work.
- E stands for student evaluation.