- To provide a forum for discussion of issues of concern and/or interest to school technology managers and a mechanism for communicating those issues to MSBO and other member groups.
- To provide a mechanism for meeting the professional development needs for MSBO members responsible for managing technology in schools.
- To assist in promoting the efficient use of technology in schools, including creating standards for the management and application of technology.
- To serve as a resource for MSBO in helping all school business personnel understand technology in schools and how to use it properly and efficiently.
- Planning and conducting meetings of the MSBO Technology Committee.
- Evaluating laws, regulations and practices relative to technology and its use in schools.
- Communicating with state and federal regulators, through and with MSBO, regarding technology-related matters.
- Assisting MSBO in planning professional development activities for technology managers and staff and all school personnel on matters related to technology.
- Other activities as deemed appropriate by the Committee, in collaboration with MSBO.
- Liaison with other organizations that serve school technology managers.
- Serve as a model for policy and procedures in school technology.
To learn more about the MSBO Technology Committee here is a link to further information.